Thebacha Campus Library
Thebacha Campus Library holds over 16,000 books, 1000 videos (VHS and DVD) and 300 journals, plus government documents collected through the federal and territorial depository programs. Aurora College Libraries also provide online access to full-text journal article databases, e-books and an encyclopedia. These e-resources are licensed for students, staff and in-library use, and are available from any computer within the College network. Students and staff may also use them from home; to request a password, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reading and Viewing Aids Available in the Library
- Optelec Spectrum CCTV (magnifies text)
- Reading Edge Kurzweil Reader (scans and reads aloud text)
- Wheelchair-accessible table
- Microfiche, microfilm readers
- TV's, VCR/DVD, CD players
Who Can Borrow?
Thebacha Campus Library serves students, staff and community users in Fort Smith, and loans material to all Aurora College campuses and community learning centres. Thebacha Campus Library resources can also be borrowed through NWT Public Library Service's interlibrary loan system. Borrowers are responsible for lost or damaged material and will be invoiced as per Aurora College Policy E.03.
On-Campus Students and Staff
- Loans: Books - 2 weeks; videos - 1 week. Renewals are usually available but are subject to recall
- Reference and research assistance
- Library use instruction (groups by appointment)
- Interlibrary and intercampus loan
- Access to online resources; free printing
- Photocopying (10 cents per page)
Other Aurora College Campuses, Community Learning Centres and Distance Students
- Loans: 4 weeks, including mail time.
- Resource packages: Do you need a variety of resources on your topic? We'll put together a package of books, videos and journal articles for you
- Reference and research assistance: Call (867) 872-7549, fax (867) 872-4511, or e-mail email@example.com with your resource requests
- Access to online resources (restricted to Aurora College staff and registered students; contact firstname.lastname@example.org for password access)